Switchgear Electrical Engineer
Roanoke, VA 24012 US
Are you an experienced Electrical Engineer with a passion for designing power distribution solutions? We are seeking a highly skilled Switchgear Application Engineer to join our team.
- Analyze customer one-line diagrams and schematics and research type of switchgear needed.
- Consult with Sales, customers, and customer representatives to discuss product requirements, applications, and specifications when design or manufacturing problems are involved
- Design power distribution solution for customer sites.
- Responsible for switchgear selection.
- The Switchgear application Engineer is responsible for the coordination of protection and controls for the switch gear.
- Responsible for design and conduct testing of transformer switchgear configurations.
- Support factory testing of switchgear and transformer system
- Provide Engineering support to Manufacturing and Development Engineering on new and existing products and processes
- BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE).
- Design/configuration electrical power distribution products and systems.
- Strong working knowledge of standard protection and coordination medium and low voltage power distribution
- Proven ability to create, convert and modify drawings with engineering CAD software such as AutoCAD
- Experience in electrical and basic mechanical troubleshooting
If you possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, along with 10-15 years of relevant experience in designing/configuring electrical power distribution products and systems, we invite you to apply and be part of our innovative team.
Business Control Systems, LP (BCS) is a 31-year-old agent of highly-skilled engineering and IT professionals who achieve outstanding results for our clients. We start with the best in whom we invest! We strongly encourage veterans to apply! *US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
16415 Addison Road Suite 150
Addison TX 75001