Senior Legal Counsel
Do you have at least 8 years of legal experience with FERC and a well developed knowledge of pipeline operations in the oil and gas industry?
Business Control Systems, LP (BCS) is currently looking for a stellar candidate for a direct hire position at one of our well-known clients in Houston, TX.
Who you are:
You have a background in regulatory reporting, tariff interpretation and revision, you have experience representing FERC regulated interstate natural gas pipelines.
What you will do:
- Review, draft, and negotiate various natural gas transportation and gathering agreements.
- Review FERC orders, prepare responsive documents, and implement plans to enable compliance with regulatory rules.
- Draft routine documents and conduct legal research on FERC issues.
US Gas Law supporting mid-stream pipelines.
- Governance Issues (25%)
- Joint Venture support – most are owned by 50+% by Enbridge. Manages agreements across LLC’s.
- Commercial Biz Dev and Marketing
- Supporting commercial activities of pipelines. Structure transactions from Marketing and Business Development groups. Work with regulatory to support filings/applications and the agreements.
- Regulatory Affairs
- Administer, interpret, and change FERC (Fed Energy Regulatory Commission) Tariffs of pipelines.
Duel licensure in Texas and Louisiana, Familiartity with NGA Section 4 rate and tariff proceedings and experience drafting preliminary agreements (e.g., Precedent Agreements, CAs, MOUs, LOIs, JDAs) is a HUGE plus!
If this sunds like you apply today at www.bcsmis.com!
Business Control Systems, LP (BCS) is a 31-year-old agent of highly-skilled engineering and IT professionals who achieve outstanding results for our clients. We start with the best in whom we invest! We strongly encourage veterans to apply! *US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. *We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
16415 Addison Road Suite 150
Addison TX 75001