Mechanical Design Engineer (EV)
Roanoke, VA 24012 US
Looking for candidates with 4-5+years of experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer or a Mechanical Engineering related role. Prior experience with oil-based medium voltage transformers is preferred for this role.
Seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer responsible for the development of Mechanical designs for a range of products, utilizing and applying mechanical design principles, research data, appropriate industry standards, and proposed product specifications. Selected candidate will analyze data to determine feasibility of product proposal and confer with sales, manufacturing, and other engineering personnel to clarify or resolve problems. Additionally, they will analyze historical test data/reports to determine if designs will meet functional and performance specifications and prepare design modifications as needed. Occasionally, complex job assignments need to be made with specific directions and guidelines with moderate supervision. The position will report to a supervisor or manager.
- Create transformer outline drawings for customers. Creating structural and thermal elements in the transformer's external tank, internal core, and coil bracket, as well as seismic calculation and manufacturing drawings.
- Scrutiny of customer specifications and order acknowledgement (OA); resolve the ambiguities with sales and Customer; highlight salient features of order.
- Make Mechanical, Structural, Thermal designs; Optimize the Tank design; compare with quote design; review the designs with seniors; order the material; make a Bill of material; name; Mechanical shop package.
- Check Mechanical packages. Follow the ISO process.
- Coordinate with Electrical and control engineer to have handshake meeting on the project. Check outline and control drawings before submitting to customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Must have (4-5) years’ experience in mechanical design and development.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Well conversant with the application of various design software tools like Auto desk Inventor/AutoCAD, Math CAD, and Excel Macros.
- Should have good initiative, creativity, and latitude in working with team.
- Must have previous design experience and the ability to perform independent design and packaging services.
Business Control Systems, LP (BCS) is a 31-year-old agent of highly-skilled engineering and IT professionals who achieve outstanding results for our clients. We start with the best in whom we invest! We strongly encourage veterans to apply! *US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
16415 Addison Road Suite 150
Addison TX 75001