Houston, (none selected)
Business Control Systems, LP (BCS) is currently seeking a Business Analyst for a prestigious client in Houston, TX.
What you will do:
- Serves as a liaison to functional Business Leads in order to translate and prioritize requirements for assigned area project and maintenance work for GTM Operations. Key Responsibilities.
- Indirect report to the Project Manager to assist with project scope definition and provide business analysis support throughout the project lifecycle.- May assist the Project Manager with project management tasks as needed, documentation, issues, change requests, status, etc.
- Assist the business in identifying proper controls, recommendations for automation, and understands integration with other interdependent programs.
- Prepare business requirements (business rules, business/functional/technical) specifications and manages requests for changes to the specifications.
- Maintain functional peer relationships and detailed working knowledge of the assigned areas systems, organization, and business processes.
What you bring:
- Strong writing skills to prepare business cases, current state (as-is) and future state (to be) analysis, process flow mapping, RACI and RAPID model, business process optimization recommendations, workshop facilitations, and training content.
- Ability to translate business information into terms understandable by non-IT savvy personnel.
- Coordinate and participate in UAT and testing activities.
- Can act as a cross functional Business Analyst to support multiple areas of the business, as needed (e.g. pipeline integrity, facility integrity, asset management, work management, compliance, etc.)
- Business Analyst certification, related degree and/or a minimum of 10 years related experience within the oil and gas industry.
- Understanding of project lifecycle stage gating controls and importance of document and records management.
- Ability to support, adapt to change quickly, and move across various types of projects when needed.
- Excellent writing skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and time management.
- Adept at interacting in both business and IT focused discussions with a strong understanding of information technology and its application to solving business problems.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with clients and 3rd party vendors.
- Proficient at operating within a North American distributed team.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Visio.
If this sounds like you apply today!
Business Control Systems, LP (BCS) is a 31-year-old agent of highly-skilled engineering and IT professionals who achieve outstanding results for our clients. We start with the best in whom we invest! We strongly encourage veterans to apply! *US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. *We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
16415 Addison Road Suite 150
Addison TX 75001