Systems Admin (Hybris)
Dallas, TX 75220 | Full-time
Our top client is seeking a Systems Admin with Hybris experience for one of our top clients in Dallas, TX. If you would like to work with a leader in the semiconductor industry, apply!
As a Hybris Support Engineer, you will be involved in the implementation phase of projects as well as having technical responsibility for customer sites after they are live. This will involve working collaboratively with customers, 3rd party integrators to deliver Hybris solutions through the project life cycle, as well as providing quality operational level 1 support after go-live to ensure high availability of Hybris Platform.
You will be involved in the development, maintenance and support of the automation and configuration management solution used to orchestrate infrastructure, manage customer environments, perform automated deployments and so on.You will have many opportunities to demonstrate your abilities, contribute ideas and be a part of both “build” and “run” teams.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Installation, administration, configuration, and support of Hybris multi-channel commerce software and solutions, including base applications (Apache, Tomcat, Solr)
- Working closely with project managers, technical account managers, partners, customers, and operations on environment build-outs based on requirements and sizing assessments
- Working the development team as part of the automation plan to ensure it is working smoothly to perform regular deployments of custom applications, product upgrades, and configuration changes
- Ensuring a sustainable high quality of service for customer sites by collecting and monitoring key metrics, and proactively planning required changes and improvements to the overall system
- Troubleshooting and finding resolutions to complex technical problems across multiple tiers (web servers, application servers, database, search cluster, integrations, automation platform)
- Providing 2nd and 3rd level incident management support under ITIL based on your expert knowledge of the Hybris platform and base technologies
- Planning, reviewing and executing system changes under ITIL
- Application performance diagnosis and tuning using APM tools like NewRelic
- Performing of automated tests, evaluation of the results and application of changes to systems
- Providing and maintaining technical documentation
- This role requires availability to on occasion work flexible hours, as well as participation in off-hour on-call support rotations
- Minimum 2+ experience working in a similar role
- Expertise in deploying and managing Java applications on Apache Tomcat
- Strong experience with Apache servers and a solid understanding of common web technologies
- Java Development experience
- Experience working with Infrastructure teams such as (datacenter operations, etc.)
- Experience with automation & orchestration tools like Ansible are considered an asset.
- Experience working with or in scrum, Agile, CI/CD collaborations
- Knowledge of JVM optimization, tuning and debugging
- Experience with application performance tuning and APM tools such as NewRelic
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in quantitative field; preferably Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with eCommerce solutions especially based on Java
- Good understanding of high availability, multi-tier web infrastructure and architectures
- Linux administration skills (RedHat, CentOS)
- Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management
- Programming or scripting experience (Java, sh, bash, python, regex)
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation and orchestration concepts
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks under stressful conditions
- Good English skills verbal and written
Business Control Systems, LP (BCS) is a 31-year-old agent of highly-skilled engineering and IT professionals who achieve outstanding results for our clients. We start with the best in whom we invest!
We strongly encourage veterans to apply!
16415 Addison Road Suite 150
Addison TX 75001