PLC Electrical Technician
Roxboro, NC | Full-time
Business Control Systems Client is seeking a PLC Electrical Technician in Roxboro, NC. If you are seeking a rewarding career with a leader in the wood industry, apply!
- Qualified candidate interested in this entry-level journeyman position should have a full understanding and working knowledge of the following: multi-meters, wiggies, meggers, amprobes, temperature meter, and servo driver; the ability to install and bend conduit up to three inches using a variety of bending and threading equipment; and understand how to use hand tools and shop equipment such as drills, band saws, reciprocating saw, crimpers, cutting torch and welding machine in a safe manner.
- Must have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of shop math and blue print reading, relay logic systems, circuit breakers, starters, overload relays, limit, pressure, temperature and flow switches, push buttons, switches, resolvers, encoders, pulsers, and other electrical devices.
- Candidate must possess the knowledge to work with Allen-Bradley programmable logic controllers (PLC), as well as the ability to troubleshoot and change basic ladder logic programs to change timers, counters and integers, plus the knowledge to work on Allen-Bradley AC drives.
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot and change electric motors, diagnosis chart recorders, Client controllers, MTS temposonics, and various sizes of transformers.
- Will also be required to understand and troubleshoot pneumatic and hydraulic circuits that include directional, proportional and servo valves and work on different machine centers throughout the plant.
- Must be competent in working with Windows based computer programs such as Windows Explorer and RSLogix.
- Three years electrical experience in a manufacturing industry is required.
- Wood products field a plus.
- Vocational or technical school diploma in electricity/electronics is preferred.
- Must be able to perform multi-task assignments within a fast-paced work environment and demonstrate a commitment to total quality and the process of continuous improvement.
Business Control Systems, LP (BCS) is a 31-year-old agent of highly-skilled engineering and IT professionals who achieve outstanding results for our clients. We start with the best in whom we invest!
We strongly encourage veterans to apply!
*US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
*We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
16415 Addison Road Suite 150
Addison TX 75001