DH Data Engineer
Life takes energy. The *** Technology + Innovation Lab works with data that powers our products to improve safety and reliability. By working hands-on with ground-breaking technology, the lab pioneers the development of innovative products through small agile teams. Our teams incorporate a variety of multidisciplinary skills, including industrial predictive algorithms, machine learning, and sentiment analysis.
As a Data Engineer, you'll help ingest, transform and store clean and enriched data in ready for business intelligence consumption.
WHO YOU ARE
• You'll have experience in a Data Engineer role (5+ years), with a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
• You build and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
• You assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• You identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, data quality checks, minimize Cloud cost, etc.
• You build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, DataBricks, No-SQL
• You build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• You document and communicate standard methods and tools used.
• You work with other data engineers, data ingestion specialists, and experts across the company to consolidate methods and tool standards where practical.
• You're experienced using the following software/tools:
• Big data tools: Hadoop, HDI, & Spark
• Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including COSMOS
• Data pipeline and workflow management tools: DataBricks (Spark), ADF, Dataflow
• Microsoft Azure
• Stream-processing systems: Storm, Streaming-Analytics, IoT Hub, Event Hub
• Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, SQL
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• You'll work independently on complex data engineering problems to support data science strategy of products
• You'll use broad and deep technical knowledge in the data engineering space to tackle complex data problems for product teams, with a core focus on using technical expertise
• You'll improve the data availability by acting as a liaison between Lab teams and source systems
• You'll collect, blend, and transform data using ETL tools, database management system tools, and code development
• You'll implement data models and structures data in ready-for business consumption formats
• You'll aggregate data across various warehousing models (e.g. OLAP cubes, star schemas, etc.) for BI purposes
• You'll collaborate with business teams and understand how data needs to be structured for consumption
Business Control Systems, LP (BCS) is a 31-year-old agent of highly-skilled engineering and IT professionals who achieve outstanding results for our clients. We start with the best in whom we invest! We strongly encourage veterans to apply! *US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. *We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
Meet Your Recruiter
16415 Addison Road Suite 150
Addison TX 75001