Contract Conformance Specialist
Houston, TX 77056 | Full-time
Our client is looking for an experienced Contract Conformance Specialist to benefit their team in Houston, Tx. If you are innovative and have a great work ethic, apply below!
- The Contract Conformance Specialist (CCS) is accountable for the day-to-day conformance responsibilities for all executed contractual arrangements of assigned capital and maintenance projects.
- The CCS manages the flow of documentation and communication related to the contractual relationship between Company and Contractor to ensure contractual obligations are met.
- The CCS facilitates the timely identification, communication and resolution of contractual matters.
- The CCS interacts frequently with third parties as well as in-house departments including legal, project management, construction management, business development, system planning, procurement, contract management, project controls and other functional groups.
- The CCS reports directly to the Area Construction Manager unless directed otherwise by the project director or general manager of projects.
- The CCS has an indirect reporting relationship to the Contract Conformance Regional Lead (CCRL).
- Assigned projects or programs with a consolidated total of up to $400MM per year.
- Assigned projects or programs each typically up to 4 years duration.
- Assigned projects or programs, including those of elevated complexity.
- Duties May Include but are not Limited to the Following:
- Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with Project Execution contracting strategy.
- Facilitate preparation of contract exhibits, which include scope, specifications, pricing, and special instructions.
- Assist in write technical contract language describing the scope, pricing, and special instructions for each assigned project.
- Coordinate with the contract management group specialist to ensure project specific functional requirements and contractor clarifications & qualifications (when applicable) are incorporate in the final contract documents.
- Support project management in contractor contract negotiations during the contract bidding and formation phases.
- Coordinate project team in its development of a project specific communication plan.
- Participate and assist with training in regard to contract conformance to team and third-party personnel.
- Review documents submitted by contractors for compliance with contract, and provide notification to contractors of non-compliance and deviations from baselines, with concurrence of team and project manager.
- Maintain contractor correspondence and documentation logs.
- Prepare and transmit in a timely fashion company generated correspondence, with concurrence of project team functional lead, construction manager and project manager.
- Manage change order process, which includes managing change order log, generating change directives, reviewing contractor requested changes, and preparing approved change orders.
- Prepare meeting agenda, participate in person at, and take & distribute meeting notes for, all contract-related meetings between company and contractor.
- Establish and implement project contract document control and retention system in compliance with company procedures.
- Review contractor submitted invoices for compliance with the requirements; distribute for review and approval by the appropriate personnel; and monitor through payment to the contractor.
- Coordinate with project team, CCRL, contract conformance manager and legal lead, as required, in resolution of contractual issues as they arise.
- Request, monitor and track service request orders (SRO) for project outside services providers throughout the project duration.
- Coordinate contract close-out with project team to ensure strict compliance with the related contracts.
- Close out project contract files and submit for retention in compliance with Company procedures.
- Prepare for and provide assistance during company and external compliance audits.
- Must be able to manage the contract compliance process associated with a very busy pipeline construction project.
Professional level experience required for MS Excel (must be able to create formulas and create spreadsheets to monitor the contract compliance process.
- Level of experience required is 5-7 years experience managing contracts associated with construction/pipeline/engineering industries.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, construction, legal, technical or business discipline with a minimum of four (4) years of experience in legal, engineering, construction, and/or contract administration or contract conformance of construction related projects, preferably in the gas pipeline industry; or
- Associates degree with a minimum of six (6) years of experience in legal, engineering, construction, and/or contract administration or contract conformance of construction related projects, preferably in the gas pipeline industry.
- Specific knowledge and experience in contracting process and issues related to energy industry construction projects.
- Fundamental understanding of intent, context purpose and utilization of all documents typically included in or required by a contract
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
- Demonstrated excellent human relations, influencing, and listening skills to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to develop collaborative working relationships with other departments to achieve goals.
- Familiarity with best management practices for contracting.
- Ability to support the negotiation of complex contracting issues.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to perform work with a reasonable level of supervision.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively and effectively solve problems by using analytical skills to take corrective action before they become crises.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with office computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
- The CCS's primary location will be a company field office within his/her assigned project.
- The position requires frequent travel, approximately 35% of the time, primarily within the assigned region.
Business Control Systems, LP (BCS) is a 31-year-old agent of highly-skilled engineering and IT professionals who achieve outstanding results for our clients. We start with the best in whom we invest!
We strongly encourage veterans to apply!
*US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
*We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
16415 Addison Road Suite 150
Addison TX 75001